Monday, December 19, 2005

Merry Christmas - amazing Christmas lights

Have a look at this video of some Amazing Christmas House Lights. I bet you ask yourself "How did they do that?"

I have my own theory, but watch the video first before reading any more, and see what you think.



Fantastic, well done. I'm afraid I don't know who made this clip, but they have done a great job. I would love to see the original quality video to take a closer look at how it was done.

My theory is that the video creator has taken many still pictures of the house, with different light combinations switched on. It is then a fairly straight-forward (but time-consuming) process to edit the pictures into the correct order, and then synch it with the music.

This means that it is really more of an animation. You would also have to add a quick crossfade between each picture to give the impression of lights going on and off.

All in all, technically excellent. My only comment would be that if it was half as long, or even less it would have more punch. It just goes on a bit too long for me.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check out the another version of this video on videos.google.com
I thought it was fake too until the car drives by in the middle of it all.

Regards
Mark Wagenaar
Perth WA

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a theory...someone in the neighborhood of this house shot the clip on a camcorder and uploaded it.

2:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home