Friday, December 02, 2005

Movies and Videos featured in November

November was a bit of a hectic month, and being plagued by the 'flu really didn't help either, so postings and links to videos were a little thin on the ground. I intend to rectify that in December.

There were a couple of movies featured, one of which I think embodies everything good about home movie making. "Dear John" is a very simple idea, but is so well filmed and edited. If you haven't had a look at it yet I highly recommend that you do.

November Movies:

Baxter's Day Out video
Featured again in November as a test for using FireAnt software. This video shows what can be done with a very simple subject. Construction of even a very short movie is critical, and beginning, middle and end are important.

Dear John video
Just watch it - its great!

RiderTech snowboard video 1
RiderTech snowboard video 2
I just discovered this video weblog this month, and am as jealous as can be, as the winter season is just starting for them. Their videos are good at capturing the atmosphere and feeling of the day, helped by good footage and good music selection.

Snowboarding video
This video took so long to edit. I had so much good footage that I could easily have made it twice as long. Sometimes though, less is more, and I am glad I persevered, and cut it right back. Its better to leave an audience wanting more than boring them to tears.

Skydive video
This is where it all began for me. Good editing and music choice make for a good end result, but you can't beat having some visually stunning material to work with too!

If you know of any movies you would like to see featured next month, or have anything of your own, let me know:
ian@BetterMovieMaking.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home