Friday, October 21, 2005

How I got started in video editing, part 2

I was very pleased with my first video editing efforts, and soon bought my own video camera, and have since produced several short movies, many of which can be viewed in my video gallery too.

Take a look here

My preferred style of movie making is a short “music video”-style of movie, usually set to one song as a background track. I like to use my movies as a record of exciting events and activities, as well as holidays too.

I think that a tightly edited short movie of a holiday or activity is the best way to remember it, and when watched later on, brings the whole experience back to life so vividly.

My most recent favorite movies are my edit of last year’s snowboarding trip to Mount Hotham here in Australia (yes, we do get snow here too!!) and our recent go-kart racing evening. The go-kart racing took place at night, so is a little dark, but there are plans for a daylight session soon.

I am married to Laura, who also now makes and edits her own movies. She has a couple of her projects in the gallery too. We have no kids (yet), but when we do have them you can be sure that there will be a comprehensive video record of their lives!

I am currently in consultation with a local TV company, with a view to making a program or series of programs showcasing local and international movie making and video editing talent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home