Thursday, October 20, 2005

How I got started in video editing

Hi there,

First of all, let me say a BIG “thank you” for taking an interest in my ramblings on video editing.

If you are new to the world of movie making and video editing, welcome. It is a wonderfully creative world to become involved in, with so many options for the type of movies you can create. You really are only limited by your own imagination.

My name is Ian Usher, and although originally from England , I now live in the wonderfully sunny city of Perth in Western Australia .

It wasn’t long after arriving in Perth that I met my friend Marty, who has introduced me to my two most recent passions, skydiving and movie making.

The two were introduced to me as a matching pair, as Marty had spent some time working as a freefall cameraman, and had made several movies from his skydiving footage.

I was hooked, initially on skydiving, and have since gone on to achieve my A-License, which allows me to make solo jumps. My next goal is my B-License, which will allow me to jump with other people, and ultimately my C-License, which will allow me to wear a video camera while jumping.

In the meantime I am happy making more earth-bound movies, of which I have now made quite a few.

My first movie was made from footage that Marty and I took at the beach one evening. We went with some friends and took a few beers and a couple of sandboards. Sandboarding is much the same as snowboarding, but a lot cheaper and much warmer.

Marty gave me the footage we took and quickly showed me the basics of editing. The resulting movie can be seen in our video gallery. You can gain access to this and many more movies, including footage of my first skydive, by clicking here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home